Community Day Services (Day Program)
- A family setting
- The opportunity to cook your own lunch and snacks
- Birthday celebrations
- Old time movies
- Bird watching
Learning and Resource Center
- 12 devices with internet access
- Study cubicles
- Coffee bar
- Comfortable sitting area
Open Door provides our clients an opportunity to earn a wage. Through our two different services, the individuals we serve are able to find their best fit.
Community Integrated Employment
Our up-and-coming CIE program works closely with the individuals we serve to identify their talents and interests. Through this, they assist with areas such as:
- Vocational education courses
- Volunteering with purpose of learning soft and hard skills
- Community employment
- Job training
Production and light manufacturing are offered at the West Workshop, which provides an environment for:
- On-the-job training
- Job evaluation
- Work place safety education
- Work skill lessons for community employment
- Assembly services for area businesses
VOICES of Open Door is a service club made up of adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities. VOICES stands for Volunteer, Opportunities, Inclusion, Community, Encouragement, and Self- Advocacy. Our purpose is to give members the opportunity to develop initiative and leadership skills while demonstrating that everyone has value and worth and can serve their community.
Some Cool Stuff We Do
Car Wash Club members hold a car was each summer, which raises funds to further VOICES' mission. This is a free- will donation that helps members purchase materials for various service projects.
Bake Sale Club members bake homemade goods to give away for free- will donations that benefit VOICES' mission!
Feed My Starving Children Club members volunteer to hand- pack dried food in bags that are sealed, boxed, and shipped to needy children around the world. Learn more here.
Park Clean- Up Club members partner with the local park district and volunteer to help clean up our local parks. This has helped make a big difference in the community!
Random Acts of Kindness
Here at Open Door, we are especially proud of an extraordinary group of clients who choose to give back to a community that does so much for them. They harbor a special passion for the kindness movement, which aims to help everyone create a better world by spreading awareness and increasing involvement in kind actions.
Some Cool Stuff We Have Done
- Donated school supplies to classrooms at local schools
- Placed quarters in the carts at our local Aldi
- Baked dog treats for local vets and animal shelters
- Presented gift baskets in recognition of local first responders
- Given care packages to our local mail carriers