Volunteers are the ROCK STARS of Open Door! Our clients and staff are always thrilled to welcome helpers at our workshops and events because volunteers are an integral part of Open Door’s team. If you are looking for a way to make an impact on the lives of others and bring new meaning to your own life, please consider spending some time with us at Open Door. Bring your energy and ideas, and we will provide the enthusiasm!
Both long-term and short-term commitments are welcome. We also encourage people of all ages to help out individually or in groups with friends. Church clubs, school classes, and 4-H clubs are just a few of the groups that have enjoyed spending time with our clients.
Here are just a few ways you can take part:
- Read to a group of our seniors
- Lead an art or craft project
- Teach woodworking or computer skills
- Play board games with clients
- Help in our gardens
- Play a musical instrument
- Teach a chair fitness class
- Work a shift at our lemon shake-up stand at the Sandwich Fair
- Sell raffle tickets for our annual golf outing
- Volunteer to help at our talent show
- Help out at our annual Christmas party
The Volunteer Process
Signing up to be an Open Door volunteer is super easy. Just print out the form below and mail them to Open Door and soon after, we will schedule you for a tour of our organization. This is a great way to get your volunteer experience off to a good start!